HYDRODYNAMIC MODULAR UNIT FOR PREVENTING ASPHALT-RESIN-PARAFFIN DEPOSITS
Bashmur K.A., Petrovsky E.A., Geraschenko Yu.A., Makolov V.A., Shadchina Yu.N.
In recent years, formation of asphalt-resin-paraffin deposits on the inner surface of tubing strings has been one of the main complicating factors in oil production. Consequently, it is necessary to move in the direction of improved methods directed at eliminating and preventing the formation of asphalt-resin-paraffin deposits. The application of the hydrodynamic method to prevent and remove borehole deposits from the inner walls of tubing has become one of the promising methods. The study identified the problem concerning the formation of asphalt-resin-paraffin deposits in downhole equipment which leads to a number of negative consequences. Methods for deposits preventing and removing already formed deposits were considered and analyzed. The main disadvantages of existing methods were identified. The improved hydrodynamic method is proposed which is free of the problem of blocking the flow section of the tubing string. The method involves special equipment including a direct-flow swirler. The downhole process module with fluid direct-flow swirler has been developed. When the fluid flow passes through the direct-flow swirler it is converted into a pulsating turbulent flow by pressure fluctuations in the peripheral zone, flow velocities redistribution takes place. This leads to effects on the walls of the tubing. Simulation flow modeling in the direct-flow swirler was carried out using the SolidWorks Flow Simulation software. It was found out that increasing the temperature of the oil and gas flow has a positive effect on preventing the deposits formation on equipment walls. The graphs of swirling and flow temperature were analyzed. The authors of the article revealed that an increase in the intensity of the flow swirling intensifies heat release in the system. As a result, the simulation proved the effectiveness of the design and revealed the right cross-section of the swirler.
2. Belkina S.A., Nagayeva S.N. Prichiny obrazovaniya asfal'tosmoloparafinistykh obrazovaniy v NKT [The reasons of the formation of asphalt-resin-paraffin formations in the tubing] // Vestnik Yugorskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. – 2016. – № 3 (42). – pp. 7-11 (in Russian)
3. Ivanova L.V., Burov E.A., Koshelev V.N. Asfal'tosmoloparafinovyye otlozheniya v protsessakh dobychi, transporta i khraneniya [Asphaltene-resin-paraffin deposits in the processesof oil production, transportation and storage] // Neftegazovoye delo. – 2011, – № 1 URL: http://ogbus.ru/files/ogbus/authors/IvanovaLV/IvanovaLV_1.pdf (in Russian) 4. Protasov V.N., Muradov A.V. Metodologicheskiye osnovy vybora materialov polimernykh pokrytiy dlya predotvrashcheniya obrazovaniya znachitel'nykh otlozheniy parafinov i mineral'nykh soley na vnutrenney poverkhnosti neftegazoprovodnykh trub [Methodological basis for the selection of polymer coating materials to prevent the formation of significant deposits of paraffins and mineral salts on the inner surface of oil and gas pipes] // Territoriya neftegaz. – 2008. – № 3. – pp. 36-43 (in Russian)
5. Bashmur K.A., Petrovsky E.A. Zavikhritel' i sposob zakrutki potoka tekuchey sredy, skvazhinnyy elektrogenerator, soderzhashchiy zavikhritel' potoka tekuchey sredy i sposob generirovaniya elektroenergii v skvazhine [Swirler and fluid flow swirling method, well electric generator comprising fluid flow swirler, and method for generating electric power in well] // Patent RU № 2695735. – 2019 (in Russian)
6. Mitrofanova O.V. Gidrodinamika i teploobmen zakruchennykh potokov v kanalakh yaderno – energeticheskikh ustanovok [Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer of Swirling Flows in Channels of Nuclear Power Facilities] // Moscow : Fizmalit. – 2010. – 288 p. (in Russian)
7. Vdovin E.Yu., Lokshin L.I., Kazakov A.V. Kompensatsiya teplovykh poter' – effektivnyy sposob predotvrashcheniya ASPO i VVE v skvazhinakh [Compensation of heat losses – effective way prevent asphaltene deposition and highly viscous in wells] // Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz. – 2012. № 7 (25). – pp. 35-37 (in Russian)
8. Kiselev N.A. Promyshlennyye kotel'nyye ustanovki [Industrial boiler plants] // Leningrad : Gosenergoizdat. – 1960. – 392 p. (in Russian)
9. Petrovsky E.A., et al. Rel'yefnyye zavikhriteli potoka dlya gazovykh dvigateleĭ kompressornykh ustanovok [Relief swirlers for gas engine-compressor units] // Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz. – 2019. – № 4 (71). – pp. 89-91 (in Russian)
Petrovsky E.A., Dr.Sc, Professor, Head of Department of Process machines and facilities for oil and gas sector, Oil and Gas Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geraschenko Yu.A., Master Student, Department of Process machines and facilities for oil and gas sector, Oil and Gas Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
Makolov V.A., Master Student, Department of Process machines and facilities for oil and gas sector, Oil and Gas Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shadchina Yu.N., Master Student, Department of Process machines and facilities for oil and gas sector, Oil and Gas Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com