EVALUATION OF OIL SWEEP EFFICIENCY BASED ON THE RESULTS OF LABORATORY EXPERIMENTS WITH FORMATION MODEL USING HEAT EXPOSURE AND SOLVENTS
Zakirov I.S., Zakharova E.F., Razumov A.R., Beloshapka I.E.
Due to the worldwide decline in reserves of conventional oil, there is a growing interest in natural bitumen deposits, which represent a large resource potential in Russia and in the Republic of Tatarstan in particular. At the same time, the existing technologies for their production are quite expensive, technologically complex and do not allow for achieving high values of oil recovery. Steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) using paired horizontal wells has become the basic technology for the development of deposits with pay zones exceeding 10 meters. Thinner stratums located in the edge zones of bituminous oil deposits of the well undergo cyclic steam treatment alternating with cycles of heated oil production and are characterized by marginal economic efficiency. Injection of a solvent margin is a promising technology to increase reserve recovery in edge zones of bituminous oil deposits with high heterogeneity of the oil-saturated reservoir. It will reduce the viscosity of bituminous oil, as well as additional washing out of the rock, increase the drainage area of wells, and will be aimed at developing reserves that are not exposed to steam. However, a preliminary fine-tuning of the new technology in laboratory conditions is needed, with the further scaling-up of the results for a real field. The closest to in-situ conditions is the penetration test which makes it possible to reduce the risks during the Pilot commercial Development. The article shows the results of laboratory penetration test evaluating the recovery factor of bituminous oil at a bulk reservoir model using heat exposure and various solvent formulas developed as part of the federal target project.
1. Beloshapka I.Е. Obzor tekhnologii dobychi sverkhvyazkoy nefti i prirodnykh bitumov [Review of heavy oil and natural bitumen recovery technologies]. Bulletin of Almetyevsk State Oil Institute. Volume XVI. Almetyevsk: Almetyevsk State Oil Institute, 2017. pp. 11-16.
2. Khisamov, R.S. Analiz effektivnosti vyrabotki zapasov sverkhvyazkoy bituminoznoy nefti pri parogravitatsionnom vozdeystvii [Analysis of heavy, bituminous oil production performance in SAGD applications]. Neftyanoe Khosyaistvo, 2014, No. 7, pp. 24-27.
3. Beloshapka I.Е, Ganiev D.I. Primenenie fil'tratsionnykh issledovaniy dlya izucheniya tekhnologiy razrabotki mestorozhdeniy netraditsionnykh kollektorov i trudnoizvlekaemykh zapasov nefti [Application of fluid flow analysis to study technologies for development of unconventional and hard-to-recover oil fields]. Bulletin of Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, a series of “Engineering research”, 2018. Volume 19, No. 3, pp. 343-357. DOI 10.22363/2312-8143-2018-19-3-343-357.
4. Ganiev D.I., Beloshapka I.Е. Kontrol' effektivnosti razrabatyvaemykh tekhnologiy povysheniya nefteotdachi plastov na osnove fil'tratsionnykh issledovaniy [Control of efficiency of developed enhanced oil recovery technologies based on fluid flow studies]. Rassokhin’s readings: international conference proceedings (1–2 February 2018). Ukhta: UGTU, 2018, pp. 10-13.
5. OST 39-195-86. Neft'. Metod opredeleniya koeffitsienta vytesneniya nefti vodoy v laboratornykh usloviyakh. [Petroleum. Determination of oil recovery factor by water in laboratory condition]. Introduced in 1 January 1987. Moscow: Minnefteprom, 1986.
6. Beloshapka I.Е., Ganiev D.I. Primenenie fil'tratsionnykh issledovaniy dlya oprobovaniya tekhnologiy parovogo vozdeystviya pri dobyche sverkhvyazkoy nefti i prirodnykh bitumov [Fluid flow analysis used to test steam stimulation technologies for production of heavy oil and natural bitumen]. Rassokhin’s readings: international conference proceedings (1-2 February 2018). Ukhta: UGTU, 2018, pp. 7-10.
7. Report on applied and scientific research targeting the “Development of science and technology solutions for extraction of unconventional (Domanic sediments) and hard-torecover (bituminous) oil reserves” based on experimental studies of the second stage “Identification of the main trends of changes in reservoir fluid and core characteristics under the influence of technology-related factors” (Grant agreement as of 26 September 26.09.2017 No.14.607.21.0195. Zakirov I.S. Dr. Sc., Project Research Advisor). Almetyevsk, Almetyevsk State Oil Institute. 2018, 417 p.
Zakirov I.S., Dr.Sc, Pro-rector for Research, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zakharova E.F., PhD, Associate Professor, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
Razumov A.R., Engineer, Enhanced Oil Recovery Department, TatNIPIneft Institute – PJSC TATNEFT, Bugulma, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beloshapka I.E., Engineer, Domanic-bitumen sector, Almetyevsk State Oil Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com