ASSESSMENT OF POTENTIAL OF ALBIAN OIL AND GAS SOURCE ROCKS OF THE GULF OF GUINEA ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE COTE D'IVOIRE BASIN
Atse Y.D.B. (Atse Yao Dominique Bernabe), Chudinova D.U., Sultanov S.H., Kotenev U.A.
Using the pyrolysis method, analysis of thermal alteration index and vitrinite reflectance of multiple samples of rocks in the basin, sufficient data were obtained to assess the potential of oil and gas source rocks in the Cote-d'Ivoire basin. The results of the study show that the rocks have from satisfactory to very high organic matter content, which indicates the existence of good conditions for the production and preservation of organic material in the pool. Organic matter is of continental and marine origin and corresponds to type III and type II kerogen. Thermal indicators show that the rocks at the initial and full stage of maturity. These rocks are capable of generating liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons.
1. Atse Y.D.B. Neftegazonosnost' bassejna Kot-d’ivuar i ocenka potenciala materinskih porod [Presence of oil and gas in Cote d’Ivoire basin and evaluation of source rock potential]. Collection of research papers Neftegazovye tekhnologii i novye materialy. Problemy i resheniya [Oil and gas technologies and novel materials. Challenges and solutions]. Ufa, 2016. pp. 128-136.
2. Atse Y.D.B. Ocenka potenciala neftegazomaterinskih porod bassejna Kot-d\'Ivuar [Evaluation of oil and gas source rock potential]. III International Conference SPE Chapter "Tatarstan UpExPro 2019". Kazan, 14-17 February 2019. pp. 117-118.
3. IHS Report, Basin Monitor: Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, Republic of Liberia, and Republic of Ghana, 2011-202P.
4. Société Nationaled' Opérations Petrolière de Cote d'Ivoire(PETROCI). Coted’Ivoire Petroleum Evaluation Concessions (1993)-17p.
5. Morrison, J., Burgess, C., Cornford, C., N'Zalasse, B.,- Hydrocarbon systems of the Abidjan Margin, Cote d'Ivoire. Offshore West Africa 2000 Conference and Exhibition, March 21-23, 2000 Abidjan, Coted'Ivoire, 1-13. Penn Well Publishing.
6. Kevin Mc Carthy, Katherine Rojas, Martin Niemann, Daniel Palmowski, Kenneth Peters, Artur Stankiewicz, Basic Petroleum Geochemistry for Source Rock Evaluation / Schlumberger oil field Review summer 2011.- 12p.
7. Michael E. Brownfield and Ronald R. Charpentier. Geology and Total Petroleum Systems of the Gulf of Guinea Province of West Africa: UU.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 2207 - C.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 2207-C. Reston, Virginia: 2006. – 32p.
Atse Yao Dominique Bernabe, Post-graduate Student of the Chair «Geology and Exploration of Oil and Gas Fields» Ufa State Petroleum Technical University, Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chudinova D.Yu., Candidate of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences of the Chair «Geology and Exploration of Oil and Gas Fields» Ufa State Petroleum Technical University, Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
Sultanov S.H., Dr.Sc., Professor of the Chair of ―Geology and Exploration of Oil and Gas Fields‖, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kotenev Yu.A., Dr.Sc., Professor, Head of the Chair of ―Geology and Exploration of Oil and Gas Fields‖, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com