The paper deals with the features of the models choice at the oil fields development, depending on the goal and objectives delivered to the developer. The role and place of various types and methods of modeling, the relationship and purpose of models in the study of the structure of oil deposits and processes during their development, depending on the degree of knowledge, are shown. It is revealed, that the complication of the model leads to an increase in uncertainty in the adaptation of the model due to the redundancy of the identified parameters. It is shown, that the requirements for approximation of the adapted indicators with higher accuracy than the error of the parameters, put into the model, are inexpedient. Increase in the complexity and the growth in the dimension of the model is advisable while providing the data with the necessary completeness and reliability, while the model is adequate to the real object and processes, as well as to the economic efficiency when applying the results in practice.
1. Kreig F.F. Razraborka neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy pri zavodnenii [Development of oil fields using waterflooding]. Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1974, 190 p. (in Russian)
2. Encyclopedia of Philosophy /L.F. Il’ichev, P.N. Fedoseev, S.М. Kovalev, V.G. Panov. Moscow М.: Sov. Entsiklopediya Publ., 1983, 840 p. (in Russian)
3. Sovetov B.Ya., Yakovlev S.А. Modelirovaniye system. [Reservoir modeling]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 2001, 343 p. (in Russian)
4. Bulygin V.Ya. Pravdopodobnoe modelirovanie [Reliable modeling]. Kazan: Kazan University Publ., 1985, 170 p. (in Russian)
5. Crichlow G.B. Sovremennaya razrabotka neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy – problem modelirovaniya [Modern reservoir engineering-A simulation approach]. Moscow.: Nedra Publ, 1979, 303 p. Translated from English, 1977. (in Russian) 6. Maksimov М.М., Rybitskaya L.P. Matematicheskoye modelirovanie protsessov razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy [Mathematical modeling of oil fields development processes]. Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1976, 264 p. (in Russian)
7. Zakirov R.Kh. Osobennosti geologo-gidrodinamicheskogo modelirovaniya melkhikh i srednikh mestorozhdeniy [Peculiar aspect of reservoir simulation modeling of small and medium-size fields]. Neft’, gaz, novatsii, 2012. No. 6, pp.50-54. (in Russian)
8. Zakirov R.Kh., Nasibullin М.G., Khairtdinov R.К., Morozov V.P., Plotnikova I.N. O vskrytii perforatsiey karbonatnykh plastov [Well perforation in carbonate reservoirs]. Neft’, gaz, novatsii, 2013, No.1, pp.22-25. (in Russian).